Friday, November 2, 2012

A note to my son: 6 Months

Dear William,

It's crazy to think that you are 6 months old. This time last year you couldn't even tell I was pregnant, and now I can't imagine life without you.

You now have a personality and I'm glad to say that you are a fun baby. You are always smiling and laughing and you are so inquisitive. If there is something you can grab then you grab it and ultimately it ends up in your mouth. Many a time I've had to dig paper out of your mouth because you've snagged an envelope or magazine without me noticing. It makes everything a little more interesting and everyday I realize the second you can walk we are in big trouble.

Which brings me to my next topic. Laying on your back and just hanging out was so two months ago. You aren't happy unless you are rolling around or sitting up. I'm sure you will be crawling soon, your dad swears that you crawled a little the other day but I've yet to see it so I think he's crazy. We have to be really careful if you are on the couch or bed because you will roll right off. Good thing babies are bouncy....

You've also started to snuggle with us when we hold you. You bury your head in our necks and grab us with both hands. The overwhelming happiness that I get when you do this is indescribable. You especially love it if your dad and I hug and kiss you at the same time. It sends you into fits of giggles and squeals. I could listen to your laugh all day.

Halloween was a few days ago. You were a lumberjack. It was awesome.

6 months has truly flown by. I feel as though your dad and I have changed for the better now that you are around. In these short 6 months we have grown from "new parents" into a mother and a father. Having a baby is hard work. Just the other day your dad sent me a text chronicling what is now known as "poo-ocalypse", where you somehow pooped up your back and onto your arms while standing in your exersaucer. You've done it one time to me as well, and I must say it was quite the harrowing experience. But even covered in poop you are still pretty cute.

We love you so much. I'm so excited to see what the next 6 months brings.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment