Monday, September 3, 2012

Perfection

After having Will I always wondered how someone could have more kids. I know, it sounds terrible, but it's the truth. The first month of his life was hard, exhausting, and overwhelming. Why would anyone want to do this twice? Or three or four or oh my goodness five times? Were they crazy?

Then things calmed down and I finally began sleeping again and I realized I could do it again. Definitely.

There are many reasons that having a baby is awesome, but let me pick just one for you.

It's that moment right before bed. That moment when you are rocking them to sleep in your arms and they are perfectly content. Everything they could ever possibly want or need is there. They are safe in your arms, with no worries or cares or problems. It is perfection. It's a happiness and love that I can't even begin to describe. This moment is so fleeting that I ache to think it will one day end. And as much as I look forward to watching him grow there is a part of me that will always long for the times where all Will wants or needs is to be in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment