Monday, July 2, 2012

Inside my head space

When you are pregnant you are supposed to have crazy dreams. I was actually excited about this. I like dreams because it's like having a funny story to tell without actually having to do anything. Your brain is giving you a free story to entertain people. Granted sometimes your brain gives you nightmares or those dreams that you wouldn't share with anyone because they are super weird and kind of creepy and you realize you might have some serious issues. Unfortunately while I was pregnant I only had one dream about having the baby. I was in labor and delivery pushing and out came "my baby". Turns out I had just given birth to my dog Ricky's head. It wasn't severed or anything, just his head wrapped in a blanket. I was so proud of my new dog head baby! Brent and I were smitten and with our new bundle of joy.

Brent had a dream that we were in the delivery room and they took my uterus completely out of my body, sat it on the table next to us, and pulled Will out. Once again we were so happy that our baby was here! Grody.

I'm telling you this because last night I had a good one. I was picking Will up and his shoulder dislocated. As I was laying him down to pop it back into place (because that's what you do...) I realized that his arm had come completely off. Once again, nothing was severed, no blood, it had just popped off like a Barbie doll arm. I panicked (finally) and ran to get Brent. He came in and said "oh yeah, that happens all of the time" and popped it back on.

When I woke up Will was completely intact. Not that I checked.....but yeah I did check. Silly dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment