Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Review: Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper

I can't believe I haven't already blogged about this product. The Rock and Play Sleeper is probably one of the best things I have right now for Will overall. It's also what anyone who invites me to a baby shower is getting from Brent and I, it has made that much of a difference for us (Surprise Vikki and Alisa....).

We heard about this product from my mom. One of her friends used it for her twins and gushed about how wonderful it was. We didn't get it at our shower but used gift cards to buy it at Target. It was around $50.00, not too bad for what you are getting. I bought it before Will came and tucked the box into the closet in his nursery. When we came home from the hospital it wasn't one of the things we started using right away. In fact, my mom is the one that came over and put it together for us one afternoon (which takes 10 minutes, tops). Either she knew it would be amazing or she saw that I was a mess of exhaustion and felt sorry for me. She put it together, I laid him in it, and he slept for 2 1/2 hours straight. This is him the first time he used it:


If that's not a comfy baby I don't know what is. Prior to this he was up every hour and would spit up large amounts even an hour after he ate. He doesn't have reflux issues but he stopped spitting up so much after sleeping in this sleeper. I'd imagine it's perfect for babies with reflux. 
This is not me or my baby. 
If you go through the pictures on my Facebook page you will notice that a TON of them are while Will is laying in this thing. He doesn't only love sleeping in it, he also loves just hanging out in it. Plus, it's so lightweight that I can move it from room to room and keep him around no matter what I am doing around the house. It also folds up so you can take it with you anywhere. We take it when we spend the day with family and it goes with Will when others watch him during the week. I can carry it with one hand and it slides into my trunk easily. 

Folded up
I recommend this for any mom with a newborn. Oh yeah! Duh, forgot to tell you it rocks, hence the name. If Will gets fussy I can rock it a few times and he is out again. I can also rock it with my foot while I am doing other things. It meets all of the safety requirements for a bassinet and the cover is machine washable. And if your baby sleeps in it they will be a genius. Well maybe that last part is made up, but there really haven't been studies to disprove that either. I would kiss whoever came up with this product right on the mouth.

It's even Ricky approved
You can buy it at Target or Babies R Us, or of course you can order it online. I don't recommend going to the fisher price website to get it because they have a video that starts instantly playing on their home page and it's all loud which leaves you scrambling to mute the volume on your computer. It's not conducive to a sleeping babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment