Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: Graco SnugRider Stroller

I never realized there were so many stroller options. When we registered for our shower we got a Graco Travel System which comes with a tank of a stroller and car seat. While I love the big stroller for our long walks I hated lugging it around and going into stores with it. The stroller alone weighs a whopping 27 lbs, so getting it in and out of the trunk is a task. I remember going somewhere with my mom when Will was only a few weeks old. I couldn't lift anything because of my csection so my mom had the task of loading the stroller into the trunk. While she was doing so I was sitting in the car with Will and I began to feel the whole car shake. I looked back and there was my mom trying to shove the stroller into the trunk to no avail. I couldn't help but laugh. It was the same story trying to get the stroller out of the trunk, my poor mom tugging and pulling. I began to search the internet for small foldable strollers that also fit newborns. The only ones that I could find were very expensive and I couldn't bring myself to pay over 200 dollars for another stroller. Eventually I gave up.

The other night Brent came home with exciting news. He was working at Whole Foods when he saw a couple with the SnugRider stroller. He asked them what it was and they explained that it is a stroller frame that you snap your car seat into and it has a large basket underneath to store things or stash groceries. The best part, it only weighs 12lbs. I immediately did the research online and knew that we had to have one.


We ordered ours for $60.00 online. I'm not sure if they carry them in store at babies r us, but we have free shipping through Amazon Prime so that was more cost efficient for us. It took less than 5 minutes to put together out of the box, just snapped the wheels on and it was ready to go. Very easy to fold up and put in the trunk, it weighs less than Will for crying out loud. 


This is it with the car seat hooked in. I took it on our trip to Whole Foods today. The basket underneath was great for grocery shopping and I was able to fit 3 bags worth of groceries in it. Obviously you could also just put your car seat on the shopping cart, but there are some places you will need to go that won't have a shopping cart. Plus carrying the car seat through the parking lot is such a pain in the butt for me since my baby weighs a ton. 

After our shopping trip I was able to put Will in the car, then fold up the stroller and put it into the trunk with one hand. 

Will enjoying his new set of wheels

The only con is once Will outgrows this car seat we will be unable to use the stroller. I wish I would have known about this product to begin with. However, once Will can sit up and hold his head up we can upgrade to a small foldable stroller. 



No comments:

Post a Comment